People Supporting my Plan:
It’s no Big deal, but you don’t currently have any PlanBig supporters. Here are some ideas to help get people excited about your plan:
- Tell everyone you know through your social networks. Ask them to spread the word about your Big idea.
- Re-jig your plan name to sound as compelling as possible. Think Big and bold.
- Revise your plan description to successfully communicate the issue as well as your passion.
Be the first to support this plan
Here you will find my requests for, and that will help me complete my plan.
Join in the discussion. Got any questions or advice?
My plan success story
1. Now you’ve marked your plan a success, what about it makes you most proud?
We did it, we bought a Skating Rink to Bendigo, in the winter school holidays.
2300 people skated in cold weather just like it would be in the Nordic countries. They even skated in the rain. The Bendigo Mall traders did well commenting that families had come back to the mall.
We raised the profile of ice sports for Central Victoria and got people talking about ice skating again.
2. What challenges did you face on your journey and what have you learned?
We totally underestimated that amount of volunteer labour we would need. We thought 1 on cash, 1 on shoes and 1 skating to assist.
We needed 1 on cash but 3 out skating and 2 on shoes.
This was the first time this American rink had been here the major problem was that their skate sharpener just wouldnt work with our electrical wattage?. We kept blowing fuses even with the power converters we bought.
Security was our biggest expense and totally needed.
We had the rink cancelled on us at the previous holidays , so we very cautious getting our advertising out before the event. We should have gone harder with the advertising.
3. What are some ways that PlanBig has helped you?
Plan Big were there from the get go, PlanBig helped us get insurance so that we could have P/L insurance to hold a bbq. PlanBig introduced us to LeadOn who were fantastic help at getting us insurance, posters and many other areas they assisted us with.
PlanBig atteneded our meetings arranged for different community sectors to meet with us.
Promotion of our event, Volunteer hours, so many ways of un measureable support.
4. Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Stay tuned for our next installment of the "Long Road for a new Ice Facility for Bendigo"