Help CardsView all Help Cards
How to Request and Pledge to Resources on PlanBig
Top Tip: "Using Resource Requests is an ideal way for planners to make their needs stand out."
Help Card By: PlanBig Team
Resource Requests are a great way for planners to let us know what they need – and an easy way for supporters to see how they can help.
For Planners – There are a few Simple Steps in Requesting Resources
5 active buttons appear in the Resource Request section:
- Request a resource: This green button marked ‘Request a Resource’ is where you begin. When you select this you will have a pop-up which you will need to complete. The following will guide you through this:
- Request type – there are 3 types of requests you can make. From a drop down menu select either goods, service, or venue/facility
- Category – here you will need to select the type of goods, service or venue/facility from a drop down menu
- Title – this should be short and descriptive of what you need
- How Many – enter in the number you need here. This will add to the ‘Title’. If you requested ‘Tents for Haiti’ in your title, and ‘10’ in how many, it will show up on your plan as ’10 Tents for Haiti’.
- Need the request on – when you require the goods, service or facility/venue by
- Request expiry date – this is an important field. This is the date that your request will move from ‘current’ to ‘expired’. All information regarding who has pledged to your request will be deleted. If you are unsure when you want this request to complete, then put in a date beyond what you need and amend later.
- Extra Information – this is an optional field, but allows you to give any information you feel the supporters may need
- Submit Request – press this when the above is completed to your satisfaction
- Current: This button will show your current requests. You will notice a hyperlink in blue saying ‘Edit request’. This will allow you to edit any information and change dates when you need. There is also a box you can tick if you wish to mark your request as complete. When you mark your request complete you will receive 25 points.
- Complete: This will show plans you have marked as complete. You can mark a request as complete even if it has not been completely fulfilled.
- Pledges: This will show you who has pledged to your requests and what for. This is where you will accept a pledge, and when you have received the pledge goods, service or venue/facility, you can mark the pledge as ‘Received’. You can also decline any pledges if you choose. Don’t forget to mark the received pledges as this gives your supporter 200 points!
- Expired: This will show you all expired requests. You can resubmit any request using the blue ‘Re-submit’ hyperlink. It will retain the expired one in this section and place a new one in the ‘current’ section and allow you to change details as you need.
Note: These last 4 buttons may appear in either orange or grey. Orange denotes the button you last selected.
For Supporters - Getting Involved Has Never Been Easier
Whether you have a plan or you're still working on your big ideas, resources requests are a great way to connect with plans that are looking for a little help.
Finding Requests: There are 2 ways you can find out what people need:
- Check out the ‘Help Out’ tab in blue at the top of the page. You can view requests in different categories or check them all out.
- When you’re reading a plan you will see resource requests listed at the top when you are in the ‘Get Involved’ tab.
Pledge to Help Out: Each request has a blue hyperlink marked ‘Read more’ where additional information will show. You will note there is a yellow ‘Help Out’ button for each request. If you select this you are able to nominate what help you can give and there is also a space for you to put any information you think the planner may need.
When you pledge, the planner receives a note from PlanBig to get in touch with you about any additional info you'll need to Help Out.
When the planner marks your pledge ‘received’ you'll get 200 points!